DA Releases Annual Report
San Diego County District Attorney Summer Stephan today released the DA’s 2021 Annual Report, noting a number of recent accomplishments across many different areas of her office’s mission.
“This report reflects the work of the dedicated DA team of prosecutors, investigators, victim advocates and staff working alongside law enforcement and the communities we serve to keep San Diego one of the safest urban counties in America,” said DA Stephan. “We will keep fighting for every child, adult and senior to live safely and with dignity.”
The Annual Report can be found here.
The report includes:
• a breakdown of prosecutions by crime type
• high-profile cases in which prosecutors delivered convictions
• an innovative juvenile diversion program that is restoring the lives of youth
• the fight to expand reporting of hate crimes and the tripling of hate crimes prosecutions
• the opening of One Safe Place—the North County Family Justice Center
• the expansion of mental health services in the county through Crisis Stabilization Centers
• a re-energized fight against the fentanyl epidemic
• an initiative to bring down organized retail crime rings